We Help Ourselves (WHOS) is one of Australia’s premier alcohol and other drug (AOD) non-government treatment providers offering a range of evidence-based therapeutic programs. WHOS has services based in NSW and Queensland. Further information on WHOS can be accessed at – www.whos.com.au
WHOS Gunyah is seeking to employ a full-time Assistant Manager to coordinate and support the delivery of the residential AOD service based on a Therapeutic Community model for men. WHOS Gunyah is located at Lilyfield.
The position involves:
• the coordination of a range of AOD services such as case management, group-based programs, transitional and aftercare support services.
• leading the team that provides a range of services to men with AOD dependence and co-occurring conditions.
• supervising the delivery of a structured program in a residential setting
• ensuring client records are maintained as per WHOS requirements, including the use of WHOS electronic data management systems.
• preparation of data for internal and external reports as requested.
To be considered for this position, applicants MUST:
• submit a copy of their resume and provide a cover letter that responds to the selection criteria below.
For further information about the position contact email@example.com or call 0499 324 224
1. Qualification in AOD, mental health, community services or related health fields.
2. An understanding of the Therapeutic Community model.
3. Experience working with men that have AOD dependence and co-occurring conditions.
4. Knowledge and understanding of harm minimisation philosophy and strategies.
5. Ability to coordinate the delivery of AOD treatment services that include case management and group work.
6. Experience in networking and establishing referral pathways.
7. Experience in residential services.
8. Experience supervising staff working in the AOD, health or human services fields.
• SCHADSI Award Level 7-Salary packaging is available.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply. Being male is a genuine occupational requirement for this position.
Please note applicants must also have the right to work in Australia, be willing to provide a current National Police Clearance Check prior to commencement. Please forward your application addressing the position criteria, and your resume, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close: November 17th 2023