WHOS (WE HELP OURSELVES) – SOUTHERN NSW REGION
Community Support Workers (AOD) – Full-time, Part-time, Casual
WHOS (We Help Ourselves) is one of the largest alcohol and other drug (AOD) non-government treatment providers in Australia offering a range of evidence-based therapeutic programs. WHOS has services based in NSW and Queensland. Further information on WHOS can be accessed at – www.whos.com.au
WHOS is establishing residential and day program services operating from a new service in Goulburn, please indicate your position preferences in your application.
We are expecting to commence setting up the service in January 2021, on receipt of the premises.
The advertised Community Support Worker positions, based in Goulburn, will provide services to people with AOD use disorders and other co-occurring conditions, within the context of a residential therapeutic community and a day program therapeutic community.
Applicants will need to demonstrate:
- Ability to work with clients that have AOD use disorders and associated issues
- Knowledge of AOD treatment sector
- Expertise with electronic client information and data management systems
- Sound written communication skills
- Minimum qualification, Certificate IV in AOD / Mental Health / Community Services
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in working with AOD clients
- Group work skills
- Knowledge and understanding of the Therapeutic Community model
- Knowledge and understanding of harm minimisation
- Ability to work evening and weekend shifts
- Commitment to working as part of a team
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Current Drivers Licence
- Computer literacy and word processing skills
- Remuneration is in accordance with the SCHADS Award
- Salary packaging available
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are encouraged to apply
To apply you must have the right to work in Australia and be willing to provide a current National Police Clearance Check.
Forward your application addressing the above criteria and resume via e-mail to: Gerard Byrne – email@example.com
Enquiries: 0414 780 038
Closing date: 7 January 2021