Serving the community for almost 40 years, Palmerston Association is a leading and respected specialist not for profit provider of alcohol and other drug services in Western Australia. Palmerston operates across the metropolitan and Great Southern regions, including the South Metro Community Alcohol and Drug Service (Fremantle, Rockingham, Mandurah), South East Metro Community Alcohol and Drug Service (Thornlie and Armadale), Great Southern Community Alcohol and Drug Service (Albany, Katanning, Denmark), Palmerston Perth and Palmerston Farm TC (a therapeutic community south of Perth).
· assessment, treatment and referral of clients seeking support with AOD issues
· person centred case management including individualised treatment and recovery plans
· a family program which supports parents, families, and significant others.
· outreach counselling for youth
· assessment and pre-entry services for clients wanting to enter residential rehabilitation
· aftercare services for consumers who have completed their AOD treatment based upon a Palmerston wide comprehensive continuing care program which includes weekly SMART recovery support groups
· services to clients experiencing co-occurring AOD and mental health problems
· co-ordinated care in partnership with key local services such mental health, child protection and corrective services
· networking with key stakeholders to address local AOD and mental health problems
· support from trained peer workers.
Services and programs are provided free and are accessible to all those experiencing or at risk of experiencing problems with drugs or alcohol regardless of where they live. They will be provided in a manner that is equitable, appropriate and sensitive. In addition our target populations will be determined by our contractual obligations.
Palmerston Farm Therapeutic Community (TC) offers a residential rehabilitation program for up to 40 adults wishing to address their substance use issues. The Farm TC is situated in an attractive semi-rural location with extensive gardens, orchards and chickens. The property creates a calming environment for a comprehensive therapeutic program.
The TC program provides a safe alcohol and other drug free environment. It encourages a sense of purpose in life and fosters personal growth, self-knowledge and self-management within a community of concerned people working together to help themselves and one another.